by Peter Christensen The Ottoman railway network, considered the pride of that empire’s modernizing impulses, was actually engineered by Germans. While it employed local builders and craftsmen, and advanced Ottoman goals...
- The Humanities in the 21st Century: Perspectives from the Arab World and Germany
- Histories of Refuge
- Infrastructures and Society in (Post-)Ottoman Geographies
- Factory Reloaded
- Academic Freedom
- Trajectories of Change
- Comparing Comparisons
- 40 Years After Orientalism
- The “1979 Moment” in the Middle East
- Reconstructing Neighborhoods of War
- All Things Transregional
Trafo offers a platform for scholars in the humanities and social sciences who are interested in questions of transregional research. Trafo is curated by the Forum Transregionale Studien, the Max Weber Stiftung – Deutsche Geisteswissenschaftliche Institute im Ausland and by CrossArea – Verband für Transregionale Studien, Vergleichende Area Studies und Global Studies.