By Hilal Alkan and Nazan Maksudyan. Our edited book explores the themes of ‘neighbours’ and ‘neighbourhoods’ as points of departure for considering identity, coexistence, solidarity and violence, and their relationship to place.
- The Digital Humanities Interface
- The Humanities in the 21st Century: Perspectives from the Arab World and Germany
- Histories of Refuge
- Environmental History of the Ottoman Empire
- Infrastructures and Society in (Post-)Ottoman Geographies
- Factory Reloaded
- Academic Freedom
- Trajectories of Change
- Comparing Comparisons
- 40 Years After Orientalism
- The “1979 Moment” in the Middle East
- Reconstructing Neighborhoods of War
- All Things Transregional
Trafo offers a platform for scholars in the humanities and social sciences who are interested in questions of transregional research. Trafo is curated by the Forum Transregionale Studien, the Max Weber Stiftung – Deutsche Geisteswissenschaftliche Institute im Ausland and by CrossArea – Verband für Transregionale Studien, Vergleichende Area Studies und Global Studies.