Interview with Sana Tannoury-Karam. Founded in Brussels in 1927, the League Against Imperialism attracted anticolonial activists like Nehru, Sukarno, and Kenyatta, as well as figures like Einstein and Madame Sun Yat-Sen. Its immediate goals were to develop solidarity between communists, socialists, and anti-colonial nationalists worldwide.
- The Humanities in the 21st Century: Perspectives from the Arab World and Germany
- Histories of Refuge
- Environmental History of the Ottoman Empire
- Infrastructures and Society in (Post-)Ottoman Geographies
- Factory Reloaded
- Academic Freedom
- Trajectories of Change
- Comparing Comparisons
- 40 Years After Orientalism
- The “1979 Moment” in the Middle East
- Reconstructing Neighborhoods of War
- All Things Transregional
Trafo offers a platform for scholars in the humanities and social sciences who are interested in questions of transregional research. Trafo is curated by the Forum Transregionale Studien, the Max Weber Stiftung – Deutsche Geisteswissenschaftliche Institute im Ausland and by CrossArea – Verband für Transregionale Studien, Vergleichende Area Studies und Global Studies.