Interview with Samuli Schielke. Samuli Schielke’s latest book, Migrant Dreams: Egyptian Workers in the Gulf States (AUC Press, 2020), is a vivid ethnography of Egyptian migrants to the Arab Gulf states. It investigates the imagination that migration thrives on, and the hopes and ambitions generated by the repeated experience of leaving and returning home.
- The Humanities in the 21st Century: Perspectives from the Arab World and Germany
- Histories of Refuge
- Infrastructures and Society in (Post-)Ottoman Geographies
- Factory Reloaded
- Academic Freedom
- Trajectories of Change
- Comparing Comparisons
- 40 Years After Orientalism
- The “1979 Moment” in the Middle East
- Reconstructing Neighborhoods of War
- All Things Transregional
Trafo offers a platform for scholars in the humanities and social sciences who are interested in questions of transregional research. Trafo is curated by the Forum Transregionale Studien, the Max Weber Stiftung – Deutsche Geisteswissenschaftliche Institute im Ausland and by CrossArea – Verband für Transregionale Studien, Vergleichende Area Studies und Global Studies.