The TRAFO Blog serves as a discussion and information platform for researchers interested in transregional research. We invite you to help shape the blog with guest contributions and comments. We have put together some information that should be helpful:
- Blog postings differ from academic essays in several ways: they should be shorter (ca. 7,000 characters) and should be written in a style that makes it possible to read and comment on them. Postings need not be polished and objectively-neutrally formulated, but can be subjective, pointed, and preliminary. You want your text to be read by more people than just your academic colleagues, so please avoid scholarly jargon and do explain technical terms whenever you can. Unlike published essays, blog postings can experiment with hypotheses, ask questions, and leave questions unanswered. Above all, the contribution should make use of the medium’s advantage and elicit responses.
- Please send your contribution to Moritz Buchner (email@example.com). Your contribution will be processed by an editorial team, and if it is suitable for the blog it will be published. Please don’t feel offended if we edit your text. This is not to be understood as a critique of your style and thought but merely as an attempt to optimize your text. Before we change anything substantial we will of course request your permission to do so.
- We also require 1-2 royalty-free pictures. Please make sure that you have the photographer’s/owner’s permission to use the photo. We are happy to receive your suggestions for pictures – please be sure here, as well, that the picture is royalty-free or in the public domain (CC license) and that we may use it.
- We welcome commentaries on the themes of the published articles. We look forward to lively and also controversial discussions. To render the debates fruitful for all the blog’s readers, discussions in the commentary area will be moderated. We are interested in a constructive discussion among the participating commentators and reserve the right not to publish contributions that fall short of a certain level of discussion (impoliteness, double entendre, insults).
- You are free to publish the text elsewhere as well. In that case, we request that the other publication apprise readers that the text appeared earlier in the TRAFO Blog. If the other publication site is online, we request that you provide a link to us.