By Sana Tannoury-Karam  Between 1936 and 1939, thousands of volunteers came flocking into Spain to fight against the fascist forces of General Franco. Palestinian volunteer, Najati Sidqi, who joined...
- The Digital Humanities Interface
- The Humanities in the 21st Century: Perspectives from the Arab World and Germany
- Histories of Refuge
- Environmental History of the Ottoman Empire
- Infrastructures and Society in (Post-)Ottoman Geographies
- Factory Reloaded
- Academic Freedom
- Trajectories of Change
- Comparing Comparisons
- 40 Years After Orientalism
- The “1979 Moment” in the Middle East
- Reconstructing Neighborhoods of War
- All Things Transregional
TRAFO offers a platform for scholars in the humanities and social sciences who are interested in transregional exchange and research on current issues. TRAFO is the blog of the Forum Transregionale Studien, curated in cooperation with the Max Weber Stiftung – Deutsche Geisteswissenschaftliche Institute im Ausland.