The Transnational Research Group has designated seven research areas for which applications for postdoctoral grants are particularly welcome:
1. Nineteenth and twentieth-century global educational reform movements and their impact on universal schooling in India.
2. The quest for universal elementary/school education, the private sector and edu-business.
3. Caste discrimination and education policy.
4. Industrial restructuring, informalization, and their consequences for access to elementary education.
5. Adult education and the popularisation of practical scientific knowledge.
6. Industrial and technical institutions and the resignification of manual labour.
7. The impact of schooling on life histories.
Applications for relevant topics outside these areas are also welcome. A full description of the project and its research areas as well as the conditions of the funding are available here and here.
The fellowships are for initially 1 year, renewable to up to 2 years starting from the earliest possible date.
Applications should contain a full CV, copies of relevant examinations, a research proposal (max. 5000 words), a writing sample (a chapter or essay), and the names and addresses of two referees. They should be sent electronically by April 20, 2014
to Dr Indra Sengupta, German Historical Institute London, 17 Bloomsbury Square, London WC1A 2NJ, email: email@example.com
Kontakt: Sue Evans
German Historical Institute London
17 Bloomsbury Square, London WC1A 2NJ
+44 207 309 2050